View Single Post
Reliable power,guaranteed

Send a message via AIM to Bisimoto
Smile

Greetings all,
Thanks for the kind words on the setup, as I have been working on this project for a while, and had the honor to get some ink based upon the uniqueness of the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
It reads like a non-turbo 996 engine rebuilt & reinforced & boosted.
1,440hp but no dynos available? Hmm....
It is a 996 n/a powerplant, as I found the head port configuration and flow appealing for our setup. The 1400hp was a crank HP estimated figure, as my dynapack shuts down at 1000whp, and we have consistently made about 700-720whp on single custom billet 61/62mm Turbonetics turbos on inline 4 engines at my facility.
The article clearly shows that that was an estimation.

Due to my busy weekday schedule, I only work on my personal projects alone on weekends....I will film a dyno session soon, as I love experimenting with my project cars, and will post some passes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBELLO RACING View Post
very creative exhaust systems, the trophy goes to ? all, great job
i only made 1200hp
Eddie, you inspired me to explore Porsches, ever since I saw you race at Pomona, flying the Toyo Tires banner (a sponsor you and I shared at the time, in drag racing). Even though I hail from the sport compact scene, your influence showed me the light: the Porsche air and water cooled powerplants are simply awesome.
I come in peace, and desire to be an avid contributor and member of this wonderful community.

I have continue to revise, and refine the setup, from new power distribution modules, to exploring coatings on the internal combustion components. The current configuration has the third iteration of turbo placement, as I am very particular to how my setups should perform. I will follow up soon with a build thread, to share my experiences.

Thanks, and have a pleasant weekend, all.
'83 911 Coupe project, '03 609hp 996 Twin Turbo
'81 911 Slantnose, '68 911 SWB, '06 Twin Turbo Cayman S

Last edited by Bisimoto; 05-25-2012 at 08:23 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)