View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80911 View Post
I am not trying to insult anyone who owns a M491 with this thread as stated several times by others the body style IMHO is the best looking style ever. I guess there are many valid points for the premium price but also as stated when the boost kicks in there is no other feeling like it you just can't get that from a NA car. Oh Snap if the case was that a super clean M491 was more than an average 930 that would make sense and sorry for starting another thread on this did not realize there were others. But I have seen super clean 930's for costing between 10k to 15k less than an M491 so to me this still makes no sense. I guess my love of the 930 just makes my opinion biased but either way after owning the "real thing" I feel that is the only way to go.
No worries, I'm not insulted, just surprised sometimes by view of the M491s. A difference in preference I can appreciate, but sometimes it seems to border on "hate." Maybe this is how targa owners feel

911TurboLook, if you bought your car from FL around the end of 2010 It is the car that made me fall in love with iris blue. I saw an iris M491 on eBay and loved it but it was low mile and pristine and thus out of my price range . Had I had an extra 10k or so I would have bought it. Then a few months later I found mine, which is more of a "driver" and within reach and here we are I didn't look at 930sbecause at the bottom end it would have been a gamble that I couldn't afford. I'm sure I'd love the extra 100hp but that skill have to wait for now. In the end theres never been a bad 911 and I'm quite happy with mine.

The low production low mile high priced anomalies are just part of the Porsche market that don't always make sense unless you are a collector with bottomless pockets.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)