View Single Post

Garage
When the Stepper motor in the DWUR packed it in I removed the unit from the car. One of the small screws that mounted the stepper motor had fallen out causing the motor to jam and fail. The screw was not lock-tighted in and there was only 2 or 3 turns on the threads on the screw. If the stepper screws were lock-tighted in place the original DWUR may have still been running.

I contacted BL and 1 week later I had a BL AWUR. I have installed the BL AWUR. It is running great. The specs from Brian were spot on.

Now that Unwired is shipping units again i will be sending my DWUR in for replacement while i stil have 1 year warranty left. I would like to have the ease of adjustment and tuning of the DWUR for the future. Hopefully they have resolved the reliability issues.
81 930 Turbo RoW, Slantnose, 3.5 twin plug dual MSD 6AL ignition, MSD RPM Activated boost rdelay switch set at 4400, MSD Tach Adapter, BL Wur, 18x11 (315-30-18) and 18x8 (235-35-18), Fab speed exhaust, Innovate MTX, K&N Filter Mod., NGK BPR7EIX and DPR7EIX plugs, KEP Stage II PP with Street/Race Organic Disk., Weltmiester Swaybars, Adjustable AAR Mod, AAV Delete
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)