View Single Post

Garage
I don't think I remember half of the stuff I did; it was so much at one time But let me try

The one turbo I will never forget and the one I've always had love for was a 60-1 with .81. That little sucker was great BUT after 130mph, she will simply die.

I won't go as far as saying that 35psi is the magical "safe" number in an air cooled, there's many factors there, but I think the 935 were way out here on boost levels, but for that class, I'm nominating GJF he also has a Great deal of experience on this subject, after all he was a technical writer for car magazines and knows a thing or two about Boost.

Honestly, for the street 16-17 psi is plenty, trust me, but if you want to wet your pants 22-24 will do the trick, anything over that is just stupid, plus you need a LOT of room to really utilize that level of power, for the 1/4 mile or the Mile works great, attention to the traction department. We both run drag radials on the street, anything else is spin city.

In my particular case, I have two maps, one for pump gas and one for c116 fuel; I can switch the maps via a targa switch, Bello put two maps there for me, what numbers, timing, fuel maps he has, I have no clue, the maps are his property, and they are locked with his own password. I now run a Precision 65-67.81 with a billet wheel, is a little turbo but work outsanding.

Cams, that's probably one of the few items that I have never changed, hell when someone like Todd at Protomotive recommends them. It must be a reason. I love my Evo GT2 cams; I think that's why my car has an unbelievable 3er gear push, after that is when my knees start shacking.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)