View Single Post

sick chain tensioner noise video

During running my new turbo I had to stop with bad noises from the motor per this thread...

how much rwhp? GT35R on lightly modded EFi motor

Left tensioner has intermittently made a rattle previously over the last 6 months, when I changed to full synth and it became permanent at the end of the first test run....sounded absolutely terrible.

Porsche 930 hydraulic chain tensioner problem - YouTube

Luckily, no abrasion with the chain case occurred etc so no aluminium in the oil. With new tensioners, adjusted valves and its now very sweet indeed. Back to tuning my newly installed GT35R. Pulling 1 bar to the red line and maxed out the 500cc injectors. I love this turbo.....vids of spool up coming soon, its blowing like mad by 2500rpm
1988 930: 3.5L 100mm LN slipins, LN FFA rods, Supertec studs, GT3582R with T4 1.07A/R twin scroll housing, RarlyL8 equal length divided headers, dual Tial MVS 38mm WG's, Carrera 3.2 heads with 993 big valves. 964 Cams, full bay IC, KEP st1 clutch. PE3 sequential ECU with 750cc EV14 injectors, CoP twin plugs, J&S Safegaurd, Aquamist HSF3 water inj. Wavetrac LSD.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)