View Single Post
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley911 View Post
I can speak from experience - YES.....

Although I wouldn't necessarily say that its twice as expensive, there is considerably more cost to do a Twin Turbo build. The main reason that I found for this is nearly everything that you need is "custom" as there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts out there for TT builds. From the headers, turbo mounting, waste gates, fresh air plumbing, inter-cooler, oil supply to the oil return - everything needed to be custom fabricated or made.

One benefit that I have from doing this project is that I am now the proud owner of a MIG welder, TIG welder, vertical milling machine and a lathe - as I found that it was more cost effective to do the work myself.

I was aiming for HP as well as "looks" therefore I was determined to do a TT build. However if I had to do it all over again I would likely call Chris at Turbokraft and order a complete, large single turbo engine that incorporates proven / tested components.

Richard
Richard - awesome build, what did you end up with for power and torque?
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)