View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorracer View Post
Hi i just changed mine last night I was lucky it took all of 10 min. I had and old wrench that I bent. so too night I am going to buy some Lotty tickets
Perhaps your sender had been replaced at some point before which explains why you were able to get it off with no problems. I know my sender was the original one (23 years old) and that sucker was on there really tight from the factory. There are a few past threads on the subject and several people confirm this. I just wasn't willing to take a gamble with the crows foot technique. I'd be looking at a big time repair bill (drop the engine and such) to fix that mess if the hollow through bolt broke off in the engine case. Again, that's just my perspective.

Just curious . . . did you bend the wrench while removing the sender or did you have to bend an old wrench to get access to the sender? You would think the Porsche engineers could have designed a simpler set up.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)