View Single Post

Lots of changes this week to the 911....

Sound System:

Yikes.....previous owner had some good components (boston front components) and some bad components (power acoustic amp) but the install, as usual, was a hack job that is sickening. I have receipts that came with the car from Columbus Car Audio Accessories - Installation Service, Parts, GPS Systems, Marine Stereo Systems, Boat Audio that shows they installed at least some of it "brent burchfield" on the service order. You name it and it was in there including cross threaded sae nut on battery terminal to wood screws in the bottom of the door pocket that weren't really holding it on.

We tore all of it out and rewired - new pioneer headunit with ipod in and bluetooth (tried to get the least obtrusive head unit - not much out there these days looks any good). New alpine 90 rms by 4 amp. Tore out the awful viper alarm that had the siren bouncing of the distributor.

At the end of it with just some mild tuning the thing sounds damn good - bostons are nice and some decent cerwin vegas in the back shelf. Music/Cars some of my favorite things so i like some jams to go along with the sound of the air cooled.

Wevo Next!

Regular wevo with the "per everyones recommendation" ed coupler.

I didn't drive it yet but just shifting in the garage it feels amazing without even the new coupler in it! I am really excited because like i said the shifter was a real stuggle for me. Also my girl wants to drive it and there was no way she was gonna figure that one out (no offense - just taught her to drive stick on my s2000).

Wong'ing Along

Wong chip is in and idle is rock steady. Have not driven yet. Kinda bummed because last month my "indy porsche mechanic" who i dropped $3 grand with told me the chip was blank when all he needed to do, per instructions given to him, was change the jumper. I asked him to do it because he was doing my seat switches.

A/C Miracle

A/C blower was not working, then suddenly when my buddy has it - it does.

Turbo tie rods next....

Cannot wait to drive her!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)