View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtweet View Post
ok, got it, but what two pins do i jump together on this plug?
The ignition delay relay is the small square aluminum relay on the rear relay panel next to the larger rectangular aluminum rear window defroster relay.

One screw on the top side of it loosens it so you can lift it away from the panel and there is a plug on the bottom with 4 female spade terminals in it. Pull the plug off the relay and leave it off. Don't put it back on the relay.
Then jump two of the female spade terminals together in the plug with male spade terminals and tape over them good or solder the 2 wires together if you prefer and stuff it back under the relay panel. Thats all you have to do to bypass that silly relay. I screwed it back on the relay panel to cover the square hole under it and left it there.

I did this a year or so ago and forgot what color wires you jump. A search on the technical forum and this forum will find it. I posted the question on the tech forum and John Walker answered my question.
Alot of people bypass that relay to stop the annoying run on from a leaky CIS injector or whatever.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)