View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
OK, you got the right relay. I just did a search on the tech forum and found my old post that John Walker was so kind to answer.
how do you bypass the ignition delay relay?

There are 4 wires in the delay relay plug and you jumper the two wires that are closest to the fan housing or farthest away from the left side of the car.
They are both red with a white stripe and I remember now one was thicker than the other.
Jumper them together and do not put the plug back on the relay, just leave it. Easy.

If you ever install MSD ignition don't use the red wire in the 6 pin plug to power it. Use it for the small red trigger wire that turns the MSD on and run the thick red wire from the MSD that powers the voltage amplifier and storage caps and thyristor to the positive terminal on the starter motor because it will get more amperage from there and you'll have a stronger spark.

edit: I see the plug is not on the bottom of the relay in your pic. It only goes on one way though and you can just see the small plastic locating dowel pin that makes it so the plug will only go on one way sticking down from the bottom middle of the relay in your pic.
DING DING DING, GD MFer WTFer SOB, all that money spent and it was fized with 2 inches of spare wire...

dude, i will say the new CDI whine sounds a little louder then my old one, car started a bit quicker also (maybe all the fuel that was in there from the cranking?), and tack was not jumping around (voltage regulator?)...so i guess it was worth the money, but holy snaps...again i owe the pelicanites a beer.

Last edited by jimtweet; 06-08-2012 at 03:13 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)