View Single Post
Registered

If he holds a state resale license they could go after him for these types of sales practices. His tax reporting could also be a factor. Maybe in Arizona or Florida they do not monitor his activities but in many states, if there are complaints to the DMV assuming he has a dealers license, he could be fined, at the very least.
Also in many states it is illegal to act as a dealer without being licensed as such, as when you resell a car you bought ( if not a licensed dealer ) you must title it in your name and pay the taxes when you buy it and re-title it before you resell it or if a dealer you must collect taxes on the transaction ( if the buyer is from the same state) and also pay taxes on the profits to the state and the IRS, as I understand the laws that govern car sales in the state I do business in.
If claiming to be a broker and then buying/paying for his offerings, he must pay taxes on the transaction, just like anyone else. So that could cause him to need more when he resells, however saying it is for his collection and then reselling is certainly not within the doctrine of fairness parameters.
People who make it a practice of doing business in a way that cause worthy complaints, eventually will find themselves in hot water once the authorities are aware of any wrong doing.
I also agree that although pricey some of his offerings were exceptional. It could be he was on a 930 learning curve if it were some of his earlier sales that evoked complaints, however by now he should know where to look when assessing the cars condition to accurately represent it for resale as to be sure it is as he represents it to be. And regarding records, by now should know what complete vs partial records mean when selling collector grade cars.
Also in the past I have aquired cars from both states he does business in/from and although I may have just been lucky or asked the right questions, I have been satisfied with the ones I got.
OK, just my 2 cents

Last edited by voitureltd; 06-09-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Old 06-09-2012, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)