View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrus View Post
Hey guys I figured out what I was doing wrong. I did not position the clutch fork shaft and fork up closely to the pressure plate(with the small lever) after placing omega spring into position. Da Thankyou for all youre responces and trying to help me.
I'm having what I think is the same brain block. I have installed my omega spring, but it is not taut and the arm is well forward of where I imagine it should be at rest or clutch pedal out. I found a picture of what it should look like here via searching, but I don't know how the spring gets into that relationship.

I even have the manual, but I just don't understand what to do when it says "press back release lever with a suitable tool until release spring passes top dead center point and lever snaps against sop on console."
I feel like the answer is staring me in the face, but after over an hour of this, I'm seriously doubting my intelligence.
Here's several photos from about 8" away (as far as I could hold the cell phone).

Old 06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)