Thread: Rotor for MSD
View Single Post
Dr. Rollo

MSD's can eat the heck out of a rotor or cause misfire the trick is to index the metal blade on the rotor(s) and then nip off or cut off some metal to cause the rotor to have a point (quasi) not too much metal though i met the original engineers who started the company (they were Raytheon Missile engineers (like me) and they had one of their first shows in El Paso - their facility was across the street from Raytheon in essence) they had a carbon rod with a printed tip and the early MSD6 would blow a 4" + spark at high rev..also if you use an MSD 6series - they recommend you open the gap of the plugs- have done it on many cars i have had all (most) with MSD or motec distributor-less lost spark set ups...my VW motors always had problems until i did the file the rotor to a semi pit (equal distance out from the index make on the rotor tip) - then MSD issued a VW dist - but i used Bosch o09's and 050's some re-curved with mostly MSD 6AL's with Mallory oil filled coils- my 964 RSA is going full out MoTec to lose the archaic distributor, and ignition electronics
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)