View Single Post
Brando

Garage
starter stays on

I posted this on tech forum too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I installed some headers on my 77 turbo engine that is installed into my 77 911s. Before I removed the stock headers, I cleaned the fan with some degreaser and some water and didn't get much wet other than the fan and inside the fan but not a jet of water, more like a soft rinse. But anyway, then I started the car again to put it in the garage, no problems at all. I removed the heat exchangers, removed the turbo,cleaned a little tightened some hidden things, and installed the headers, replaced the turbo which had to relocate some things as location changed slightly, no big deal. adjusted the length of my wide band oxygen sensor, rearranged the scavenge oil line and rertightened and buttoned up.
Went to start it,and found a flange needed tightening so went to turn it off but it didn't want to turn off. Engine did, but the starter had been running along with that loud exhaust leak. It was confusing at first not knowing what was going on. Ignition was off, engine was not running but the starter was turning the engine still. Had to remove the battery positive to get it stopped.
Any ideas please?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)