View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by island911 View Post
Clearly you are quite willing to change the point to make a point.
My point has always been the same, never changed. I never said Tesla's new tech was akin to the reinvention of the wheel.

But by the same token, what new tech from Toyota, Honda, Ford, or Porsche fits your self-imposed criteria?

If Tesla fails in the marketplace, so be it. Believe me, if you've read my posts I'm the last one to throw stones at making an irrational, emotional car purchase. But people do. However, I'm not against their freedom of choice. If enough people want steam powered cars and there is a company (or industry) that comes up with innovative ways to fill that niche, great. If they take out loans to make that happen, great.

If they fail and Bank of America loses a billion bucks, that means you and I pay MORE for Bank of America's services. If those loans came from the Department of Energy, or the Department of Health, or the Federal Bureau of Land Management, it's still our money. It gets absorbed somewhere. If you're outraged that the government makes bad choices in which technologies to invest, you should be outraged at your bank, your investment fund managers, your pension fund, your health insurance companies, and every other company that dabbles in the markets.

So beyond politics, why be mad that some company thinks they can provide an alternative? That even if it isn't THE best way of doing something that there might be value to some customers in their way of doing it?

Why do we "bother" with gasoline motors when diesel provides better energy density?
Why aren't you mad at your government for allowing that? Why aren't you mad that they incentivize companies to make gasoline powered cars more efficent?
Are you going to call people who like gasoline powered cars "stupid"?

It's an unwinnable arguement. And you're not in the position to choose for others.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)