View Single Post
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
The PARF is strong in this thread.

I am really disappointed that NOBODY posted a picture or video of the S. WTF?

I found the design more appealing a couple (or 3?) years ago when they announced this car. Did it get watered down or do others have good looking sedans out now too? (looks a lot like a Jag and worse than a Maserati IMHO).

One thing nobody mentioned is getting the emissions away from the cities. In LA it would be huge to have even 20% of the commuters run zero emissions vehicles. Many people drive a car that is practically 100% a commuter for <100 miles round trip every day. An EV fits that role well. For road trips on the weekends, there usually still is a petroleum minivan to take ...

That's what I am seeing for the mid term future - we will have these for commuters / second cars. I'd buy one if it wasn't an arm and a leg ...

edit: look at the performance numbers (0-60) - faster than my 993.

G

Tesla Model S arrives with big hopes riding on it | TG Daily
Quote:
The car comes with three options of battery capacity which translate into its performance figures. The 40 kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery will get you 160 miles of range, zero to 60 in 6.5 seconds and a top speed of 110 mph. With the 60 kWh and 85 kWh options you get 230/300 mile ranges, zero to 60 in 5.9/5.6 seconds and a top speed of 120/125 mph, respectively. There's also an 85 kWh "performance" level option, with specs of a 300 mile range, zero to 60 mph of 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 130 mph.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)