View Single Post

Garage
Thank you both for your feedback. The car in mind is essentially a very modified track car-sounds like Dave's car--it's been stripped, engine/turbo mods, full roll cage, fuel cell, track suspension, Hoosiers, etc.

Dave: I'm an intermediate with SCDA, PCA & NASA, but only have 8 track days. I plan on 10 more this year. I run mainly at Lime Rock, but have driven Pocono, NJMP (Lightning), New Hampshire and Watkins Glen.

TT Surgeon: I was skeptical too, but owner insisted it was not a hard car to drive because of grip with slicks and low weight (2,200 pounds). That said, I respect your advice to perhaps go further with my TT. The TT, as you know, is not an ideal track car, with the weight. While I'm sure the AWD & PSM has 'saved' me from mistakes, before I invest in suspension, brakes, etc. I was thinking about going down the GT3 route or 80's dedicated track car. This owner did offer to spend 2 days teaching me this car at his home track, but perhaps you are right this is as advanced a car as the GT3 and better left for drivers that have honed their skills.

Thanks, Fred
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)