View Single Post
Free Exams All November!

It will be interesting to see what most cars are being powered by 20, 30 or 40 years from now.

Gas, diesel, biodiesel, hydrogen, CNG, electric, a combination of some of those?

I truly have no idea.

It seems like over that long time period, it won't be gasoline, but I'm certainly not sure. The emissions issues of gas engines seems pretty much handled (I don't think a modern midlevel car emits much in the way of pollution, does it?), and if technology can increase MPG on an average commuter car to something like 80 MPG, then who knows.

It does seem to me that we're getting a little ahead of ourselves on the all electric cars, though. I.e., it's the battery technology that should be taken care of first, since that seems to me to be the biggest/hardest challenge. If that ever happens, the rest of the electric car would seem relatively easy to develop. If it never happens, all this money on electric cars would seem to be wasted.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)