View Single Post

Well at least the eco freak rich yuppies won't have to drive around in a Volt anymore. And it is, whatever it's technological merits, a very good looking car. But I hate to think what one of those things will be worth in five years. If it were my money* I'd get a real Lotus as track toy and, oh I don't know...an AMG MB, a BMW Alpina, a Panamera with all the trimmings....jeez so many possibilities.

*Oh wait some of it is! You get a tax credit for buying that luxo barge...after all the country has plenty of money to give away to people like Elon Musk and the rich who can afford his playthings. Right?

FWIW IMO it's gasoline and diesel power that has really seen the technological advances in the past thirty years. We are currently driving the most powerful, most reliable and cleanest cars ever built. The average economy sedan blows away the most powerful Porsche of thirty years. And the new 911 blows away what would have been considered the most powerful exotics- while getting 24 mpg.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)