View Single Post

Garage
Fred,

I would suggest a milder car for now, off track events are often fine but also can be Armco events. Also, I have taken rides with fellow instructors who could use coaching and been given coaching by others. Have someone more experienced in your car as often as possible and learn from them. I know running solo the goal but locking in bad habits might be the result. I have had students in modern driver aid cars who believed they were doing an awesome job on the track. Fact is they couldn't feel the controls at work. One good guy in an Audi announced he was going to finish the weekend, last few sessions with the aids off. He told me this between corners, hit the switch and spun off track at the next corner.

We can all learn all of the time. This is a big part of what makes driving on the track such a blast, always getting better.

I am pretty quick around a track. There are always fast guys and slower guys.

If was me, I would stop abusing the 996 & get a track car that was going to do me for a season or two and then move to a GT3 or by then maybe a GT3RS. Pick one up already prepared by the guy who stepped in too deep before learning and never got over being afraid of his car ........

Regardless, enjoy,
Dave
Old 06-25-2012, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)