View Single Post

I just got back online. and see that this discussion has continued in the expected manor Some here really do enjoy the snipping and bickering. But with many interesting links and bits useful info also, thanks for sharing the insights. I am learning to read past the BS and focus on the real info
All EVs and alternate fuel vehicles at this time are in the early steps in developing alternatives to the petrol vehicles and many more steps will be needed to bring those technologies to the point where they can become practical and economic. Petrol has had over a hundred years to become what it is today.

There will always be resistance to new ideas and technologies. Some by the established industries with their vested interest, and by status quo adherents who just cant see the just can't see advantages of investing in preparing for the needs of the not too distant future while the old technologies are still working for us.

As has been mentioned, there are many significant costs to using petrol, clean ups from big spills, wars to maintain our access to the oil in distant parts of the world, health costs to humans and all of nature. Are a few.

Its not a matter of if, but when these new technologies will be needed. And to my mind who will be poised to provide the best options at that time. For me making the investment now to make ourselves a player is critical. These will be a big part of the coming economy. And I want our country to be a part of it. These will create some of the new manufacturing jobs of the future. Innovation is what we do best. Certainly not all new technologies being looked into now will pan out, but some will and I think it prudent to make the effort.

Cheers Richard
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)