View Single Post

I track my G-50 gearbox 930, with 315/35-17 tires in the rear and its very very fast but not overly difficult to drive even with dyno tested 450hp. Just go with an instructor through PCA at a DE and you will have so much fun you'll be so glad you got the 930. The 930 after all is similar to a 911 just with better suspension and bigger tires handling wise. Power delivery is not linear so it takes a little practice to anticipate when the boost will come on, but really the gas pedal is not an on/off switch, you can and must learn to modulate the throttle. It only feels like an on/off switch when the boost kicks in, but thats usually because the driver is driving it that way. I can easily feed power in part way through a turn and go on full throttle just before a turn exit and blast onto the straight. Its addictive!!! More raw and more fun than a modern Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Corvette, ect. I know, I did a track day with all those other cars and my 930 is by far the most fun, and just as fast anything you will encounter. I feel like my 930 is going to be enough car for me for a very long time for doing DE events and lapping days at the track, I think I could get bored or eventually want more with a lesser car. All this being said, my first season with my 930 I was scared in general and the car horrified me a few times, I did spin once. A healthy dose of respect and some good instruction is the best thing for a 930. Good luck, post pics if you get the car!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)