View Single Post

The Pumpkin and I have been a team since early 2008. I have done 10 or 12 DE weekends a year since then. (next up RA July 9/10) Started on street tires and had a number of very good instructors including one cigar smoking one (who shall remain nameless) at MAM who insisted we go out in the rain so i could learn how the car would act in the dry as I got faster.

I LOVE the fact that this is not a car for everyone, has to be learned and as a previous poster has said, one must develop a relationship with the car to have the confidence to go fast. My ABS is in my right foot, my PSM is in my ass, and there are very few now that can get away from us.

Set up and careful selection of equipment is critical to making a 930 a car that you can live with (literally) on the track. Get the right safety equipment from the get go and wear/use it properly EVERY time. learn the car, (be the car?) listen and go slowly you will be rewarded grasshopper.

Truth is, there are a limited number of folks who have the ability to drive one of these extraordinary cars properly, it is a source of pride for me to have developed a certain level of skill. When i get into a students GT3 or Cayman S now , they seem so simple to drive that it seems not as fun to me now.

A good friend of mine told me when I was considering buying the Pumpkin (sold by Gary R here) that if i didn't buy it, every time I went into the garage and looked at the 944T I was considering, i would know that I compromised on what i really wanted. He was right.

DO IT>

Bob
1982 930 Track Car "The Pumpkin"
2002 996tt X50 Lapis Blue Street Machine

Last edited by jayhawk; 06-26-2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)