View Single Post
Registered

Garage
I've been doing DE's in my 930 for four years now. Have about 30 days and have done all the typical mods (turbo, headers, intercooler, bigger soft tires, 993tt brakes, torsion bars, adjustable sway bars, seats, etc.). Honestly, I've found the car to be very predictable. As mentioned earlier, the key is throttle modulation. You get good at going into a corner with the pedal planted and then dialing it back as you apex. It will try to spin on occasion but I've always felt it coming and been able to save it. Make sure you have nice warm tires before you use the whole potential of the car.

Another thought. There are very few cars out there which can out run a prepped and well driven 930. Only a very well driven GT3 can get away from me. And that is only because their entrance speed to corners is much better than what I am able to muster at this point in my education. The 930 really is a blast to drive.
'85 BMW 745i turbo
Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)