View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
The only problem with draining a swamp is that sooner or later you're up to your ass in alligators.
I would not do it......
If you don't drain the swamp and eradicate the gators now while you have things apart it means that the alligators will come up to your house and bite your ass while you are reading your favorite book, drinking an iced lemonade, while in your favorite hammock...

Translated: You can address the issue now on your terms or you can wait for them to break off and disintegrate at a later point in time, causing unwanted down time when you are trying to enjoy your ride...

Don't blow this up to be any more difficult than it is, drilling out the studs is easy when you use a jig. I did all of my broken ones in a little more than 30 minutes. I used a pick to pry up the edge of the remaining threads then pulled it out with a pair of vise grips and the threads unwind as if you are cutting metal on a lathe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

For those of you that are scared of doing this yourself, PM me your address and I'll send you a morale booster patch so that you can rethink your position.
Here is a little preview of it for you...

Last edited by E-man930; 07-10-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)