View Single Post

Garage
My 930

The link to the other thread has Squerly on there...I have his car now and those orange pagids squeal REALLY BAD....I have beaded them and siliconed the back side to help keep the vibration down...Im hoping that will do the trick...but as a last resort I have bought some anti squeal pads from pelican and I am going to try those. I do have a cheap set of pads as well, but that will be the last ditch before buying a new set of Hawk street pads. Seems kinda long and round about but I really like the stopping power of pagids.....100 to 5 in nothing feet...wow...but I will swap over for the street hawks when I have exhausted my instock material first...hate to waste money these days...

When you bead them try a thin coat of silicon on the back side of the pad this has worked for me in the past.. the squealing is the vibration of the pads so the objective is to prevent the vibration.

Oh yeah, I never had a problem with the metal master pads on my 911, they seemed to do really well and didnt squeal...
1974 Porsche 911 (2003 - 2012)
2000 Boxster S (2006 - 2008)
Old 07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)