View Single Post

Garage
Brian asked a very good question that I had to stop and really think about “What Are Your goals For the Engine”? I guess I would have to answer it with a different question “Will the Car Pass My Want TO Drive Test? That test is simply: When I come home from work would I miss dinner to take a 75 mile pleasure ride? I must say in stock trim the cover would never come off the car. But with the k24 18G setup I’ve done that many times. To me that is a true hobby car and I tinker and experiment all the time. IT”S MY HOBBY! A 996tt or 9997tt would not pass the test. So yes I’m going to keep my current set up and experiment with nitrous for down low in an attempt to create a more awesome machine that maybe I’ll miss dinner a couple more evenings a month to drive. That being said I do want to have an alternate milder set up that I can convert to in about a half day. If ”Turbo Powa” would be so kind to give me his single turbo set up I would like to duplicate it.... that fat curve from 3K to 6K really sticks in my mind. Maybe that will pass the test and I’ll keep the big power for speed events and modern muscle.
About a month ago I converted the 915 to 930 trans and kept the 915 transaxles. I don’t think the transaxles will be a problem with my current set up but when I start putting the power down low around max torque they very well may become an issue. The engine is built pretty well for boost with JE Pistons, ARP rod /head bolts. I am running 1 ¾” headers (1-5/8” I.D.) I tried 1 3/8 I.D. but the engine started missing due to excessive backpressure.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)