View Single Post
Brando

Garage
If you have that 930 box I wouldn't worry, wish I had one so I could turn up the boost.
Well, my setup is in some ways not as good as yours, and other ways better. I say better and some might not agree because I have 6.5 to 1 compression! But I love knowing my engine is in no way over stressed. If I had a 930 box I could run lots higher boost and my turbo (gt30r) could provide lots of it.
I installed headers hoping to reduce boost time onset but only got 200rpm difference. Not sure if it's the good turbo or bad obx headers that keep me from getting a larger difference. I have a garrettson Intercooler and I use water meth injection to keep things even cooler though I really don't need it. If I were you I'd use it though. So my system isn't earth shaking, it's very normal. In fact it's very subtle compared to most guys here. But I still think when the time presents itself you'd really love the quicker response of at least one size smaller turbo.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)