View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Some observations that may change the entire board's beliefs and other interesting facts:

1. > 19 lbs of boost on a high compression motor. Wow.
2. Small intercooler running high hp with high air temps on a high CR motor. Wow.
3. Twin turbo - 'nuff said. Very few 911's have this.
4. Huge hp numbers from a small motor and high IC air temps.
5. Large twins used for efficiency (heat output wise), not concerned with lag.

Just for reference, on a near 100 degree day, I have only seen 114 degrees from my IC running through the gears peak.

I'm assuming this engine made the huge numbers due to the high boost, high static compression ratio, and high RPM?

Those hp numbers are huge and impressive from a 3.0L.

You are a sort of pioneer I'd imagine.
I would say the engine made the numbers because of high boost,rpm, tuned properly and was real happy with the turbos and 964 cams. It was in its sweet zone up top and I believe it would have easily made well over 500whp if pushed it a little more. I do my own tuning and there are certain areas that are very important. Naturally A/F but proper timing over the upper RPM range is crucial to real power. I tune for max torque through the RPM range. Since the engine hasnít shown any signs of detonation, the recorded 140F IAT is not really an issue to me and would consider it rather low on the improvement list.
Whatís your set up? Very Impressive!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)