View Single Post
dkbautosports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wndsnd View Post
However,

I was questioning Polishing out a new paint job. It looks like I am using Glasuritt 22 with Porsche962's good suggestions, and I was wondering if I was to polish it out after it was laid down, and how long to wait.

I am working on the project, am not a professional, but have used other brands in the past.

Thank you all for your passion!
there is not time limit ! you can wait years if you want . with 22 line if you let it sit for some weeks it will sand and buff better . you can sand it 24 to 48 hours after if you want than depends on that the temp is of the panel though . you want the panel temp to be 70 degrees or better to sand it 24 hours later if your not baking it . if you bake it at 160 for 30 minutes you can just take it out of the booth let it cool it room temp and then color sand and buff .
on a job like your you can do all your painting and when your finished you then can do your color sanding and buffing even if it months later .
the thing is don't sand it and let it sit sanded to long (more than 48 hours )
what happends id the sanding scratches close back up (not like it gets shiny again) but then it will be a PITA to buff the sand marks out . what you will get id a nice shine and it will have sanding marks you will see when you look at the panel on the flip . that is when your looking donw the side of the panel . the face is looking at the panel straight on the flip is at the side .
Old 08-03-2012, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)