View Single Post

Garage
OK- I got into a bit further today. I R&R'd several of the AC hoses, which isn't too bad because I've got the car quite high on four jackstands and have a nice Racedeck floor to just lay directly on. Most of the hose clamps, and there are many, are simple 8mm screws or nuts. The new hoses just reuse the same mounting points and hardware.

It's been said before, but the directions rock. And each part, each hose etc has a label on both ends for where it goes.

And the kit is complete. For example, it comes with the wires, the wire shield loom, the wire connectors, tie-wraps, and each wire is labeled as well. Again, you're paying for the engineering and the thoroughness of the solution and directions, but you are never taking a part out of the box and scratching your head over WTH it is or where it goes.

I had two surprises today. First, I found some broken glass behind the leatherette rear seat side panel. Since the car was a bit of a creampuff when I got it 10 years ago from an MD in Cali, I was not aware that this was not the car's first rodeo. I don't know how the glass could have got where it was... even if the side wing window was broken (by a thief or in an accident) I don't know how it would have got down behind this panel. Troubling. Like an exboyfriend or something.

The reason I had to go back there in the first place is that the frontmost condensor mounts to a longer seat-belt retractor bolt that you must install in place of the OEM bolt.
Here's the new longer bolt protruding into the wheel well.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)