View Single Post

That looks like the CIS fuel return line. It's returning fuel to the tank so there isn't alot of presure in it.
It would be a good idea to have new fuel injection line installed on it with crimped on connectors instead of hose clamps.

Stainless braided hose hides the surface condition of the rubber line underneath, thats why braided lines should have an expiration date stamped on a metal tag on them so you know when they're old and should be replaced or they will dryrot under the metal braiding and eventually leak.
You see the dated stainless steel expiration tags on aeroquip lines professionally installed on aircraft and some race cars.
Nowadays kevlar or other aramid fiber braided lines are often used because of good abrasion resitance and strength with lighter weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
Hi Guys

I recently purchased a 88 Porsche 930 Targa. I have only had the car a week.
I have been detailing the exterior, interior, and have turned my attention to the engine bay. I was shock to discover the rubber fuel lines. The PO did a hack job on the fuel lines going to the fuel distributor. It looks like the line has a split in it.
Please see the attached picture.

I was wondering if anyone has custom built this fuel line, using AN fittings, tees,
and steel braided lines? Is so what size lines and fittings? Would a 6 AN line be the correct size? I have read that I would need a Metric Female to AN male connector. I would like to get this fixed correctly so that I don't have to worry about any fires.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

John

Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)