View Single Post

Garage
I took a little different approach on mine, as I wanted to always be able to return the console back to stock if needed.

My gauge mount slides into the hole in the center, and out, if access to the wire harnesses is needed or other service. then it secures to the console using the two existing screw holes from the plastic stopper that was at the back of the hole in the console from the cassette holder.

I used Koso, AFR and EGT gauges, along with an Andial Intercooler before and after cooler gauge. The dial is for the Andial fuel enrichment system. I laid it out in CAD and lasered out several prototypes and bent them up on the press brake until I was able to get the bracket somewhat perfected. If anyone is interested in going this route, I have a few spare brackets, or could laser and bend up some more, if there is interest. I had the bracket satin powdercoated, so it just blends in with the console. Keep in mind the Koso AFR gauge had to have the Main harness to the O2 extended, due to the length to the rear of the car..

I ve got a VDO boost gauge for the clock position.

Hope this gives you some other ideas too.

Ben
'79, 930

Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)