View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsmells View Post
i only have an aftermarket fiberglass slantnose conversion, so i hope i'm still welcome in this thread!
but rather than start a new thread, i thought i'd ask here first:
does anybody know if those little black fins in the rear fender brake cooling duct are still available anywhere? a part name or number for these would be a big help too!
also how were they originally attached to the panel? on one side i have steel ones that have had small brackets welded underneath them and are riveted to the fender, and on the other side they're fiberglass panels that have been glued in... both look like a bit of a 'home job' and i'm wanting to redo them properly when i repaint.
thanks, grant.
The oem slats may not fit on your car out of the box. Each slat on each side is different. Aftermarket and used ones pop up every so often on ebay so you may want to monitor it. Ouch! $300+ per slat then you may need to sand or grind them down to fit properly. The finished product would look identical so I would check all the used parts guys. I repainted mine, a little sanding, some Krylon semi flat and they are good as new. They have 2 pins that go into holes in the body and two pins that stick out of the body go into to holes in the slats. Then the slats are held in place by 1 screw per slat in the wheel well. In the pictures below the yellow circles indicate the position of the screws.

And wjfk32 that's my car! Sweet!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #558 (permalink)