Thread: MSD Success
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsy View Post
Thanks Steve. I am going to attempt this in the next couple of weeks. I already have the msd installed so now just need to lock the dizzy.

Yes you wouldn't want the stator moving around as in the first pic you posted (the bolt from underneath).

Did you just tighten the advance shaft tight onto the rotor shaft to hold it in the max advance position? I have seen the weights riveted to the bottom in their max advance position but not sure which way to go yet.
Hey Turbo guys, I am not sure if the under side of your distrubutor is the same as an SC distributor but I locked out my vacuum advance (Stator?) Maybey this will help. Here are two assemblies side by side, the assembly on the left is unmodified, the one on the right is locked. You can see that I simply found a screw that fit into the threaded hole that already exist and ground of most of the head so that it would clear the mechanical advance.

Last edited by snbush67; 08-24-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)