View Single Post

Garage
Back from break and the installation is completed. I plan to head up to Griff's on Tuesday weather permitting for the evacuation and charging procedures. I'm glad he's local, because the yahoos around here would never buy into his recommended method of vac, purge, vac, purge, fill, drive etc. I can't stand letting anyone else touch my cars because of the good-enough-for-'gubmint mentality so rampant in the auto repair space. Hell, it's in just about every space...

Here's a shot of the collection of 26 year old stiff and dry-rotted lines.

The new compressor installed:

The rear condenser stone guards in place. You want to leave enough to protect the condenser itself but maximize airflow too for them to really work.

One last shot shows the center vent that replaces the "bow-tie" fitting on the front firewall.
Does anyone have any idea what the rubber hose is for? It is connected to a very small inline blower fan that was secured to the back of my ashtray. It doesn't seem to come on with the fresh air.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)