View Single Post

Why do you think those condensors wouldn't fit in a slantnose?
Is it the 1980's miami vice style slotted air vent in front of the rear wheels that's in the way?
I'm just guessing but if the duct on the back of it is in the way maybe it could be modified or reshaped to work with the AC condnesor feeding cool air to it.
It seems like the other condensor behind the rear wheel would fit the same with slantnose bodywork or regular 930 bodywork.

Also, there is no sensor to the right of the steering wheel for that hose.
The end of that hose hanging down slides on to a little round plastic air vent that snaps into a hole in the dash for the air supply to the thermostat for the problematic overengineered auto heat box.

The other end of the hose is connected to a goofy little 3" long encased fan module and thermostat mounted behind the ashtray that sucks air in through the dash vent and that hose. That silly little fan runs anytime the ignition is turned on in my car, you hear it. I removed that hose and plastic vent and installed a switch in place of it to turn on WMI. The fan is still there doing it's thing because the autoheat still works.

Before they decided this autoheat would be a luxury for some people Porsche had a really nice simple and elegant way to control cabin heat with the mechanical lever(s) on the side of the emergency brake handle operating the heat exchanger diverter valves.

Alot of people remove the flaky plastic autoheat box when it stops working and backdate to the old emergency brake handle with smooth working heat lever system that is a pleasure to use and looks better than the autoheat box.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)