View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
That's the rubber sensor line that attaches to the sensor to the right of your steering wheel.
Setup looks great, in looking at it there is no way those condensors would fit a slantnose. bummer
Thanks- I found it and reinstalled it on the dashboard fitting.

Yesterday I drove up to Griff's again and left him the car while I played 18 at NJ's Ballyowen with a good friend who lives up near there. Ballyowen Golf Club - Northern New Jersey Golf Courses & NJ Country Clubs, Sussex County Golf Course

Hard to beat an hour drive in the 930, a fine round of links golf, and then picking up the 930 for the ride home with magically operational AC!

It wasn't an incredibly hot day for late August, but it was hot enough to get a good fill.
Griff's notes:
83F
42 oz R134a
5.5 oz ester
190 high
23 low
fan speed 2 driving 31.8F (thermostat turned off compressor)

I don't have a dashboard temp sensor to show off with, but it's telling that I had to turn the fan down from high position, and then the thermostat down from full cold to around 5:00 on the dial. And this is someone who can really tolerate AC... when I'm comfortable, most folks tell me it's freezing in this car/house/office.

As I said in the beginning of the thread, I wanted to go straight to nukes with this one; and with three new fans on three new serpentine condensers, new compressor and new lines, new style evaporator, valve and thermostat, I have accomplished that. I doubt I'll have to revisit the AC in my stewardship. I am very pleased with the Porsche-quality components, post-sale support, and of course the outcome. I guess it's been 10 years of associating this car with at-times stifling cabin temperatures, because it was oddly like driving someone else's car on the way home, windows up and AC cranking! Should have done it years ago, and if you're on the fence, learn from me.
Griffiths supplies a range of air conditioning components for your Porsche 911,911s,911t,911 turbo, and 930, such as: Porsche air conditioning upgrades, Porsche air conditioning improvements and updates: Porsche barrier hoses and hose sets, Porsche c

PS- I mentioned this thread to Griff and he may weigh in on the slant-fitment discussion.

Last edited by gsxrken; 08-30-2012 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: R134, not R12
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)