View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
OP sorry, but I gotta say to jwasbury: that is one super sweet looking 930, very clean.
thanks...it looks cleaner in photos than in real life. its a driver and has "original patina" i.e. sandblasted front bumper and rocker panels. never fails to draw compliments or put a smile on my face. if it were too clean, i probably would feel bad driving it. for me, its perfect in "driver" condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Do you ever get any rubbing during a full lock turn on the street or track with 255/35x18 tires?
Also over driveway entrance humps and stuff like that while turning sharply?
thanks.
i had to remove the big aluminium "bash" guard inside the passenger side front bumper that protects the oil cooler due to tire interference. There is a little rubbing of the front tire against the rubber chin spoiler bits that turn up towards the wheel wheels (basically the rubber part of the front valance). Its nominal, and only occurs at low speeds while entering or exiting my driveway, for example. At speed, on track, the wheels aren't turning at enough of an angle to be a problem. I ran the car at Monticello Motorclub's full course with this new wheel/tire set up, and that's a track with mucho elevation change and some tight turns (like a hairpin that I downshifted into 1st to drive out of)...no issues other than I almost lost the center caps because once you heat up these wheels from hard use of brakes, the stupid center caps just fall right off. Luckily I noticed this in the pits after my 1st session, so I took them all off and didn't lose any on the course.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)