View Single Post

Garage
hawaiianvw67,
If you are talking about the 2 liter 6 it will be a bit heavier than the 2.4 liter engines which had magnesium crankcases. The first flat 6 to reach 200 reliable, streetable hp was the '73 2.7RS, the second was the '76 Carrera 3.0. I have yet to see that trick done w smaller engines. I had a 190hp '72 2.4S whch was barely reliable and barely streetable(I was trying to use it as a daily driver, it would certainly be far more acceptable as a second fun car)

Wil Ferch,
I think that the C5 Corvette engine is a marvel, I would love to have one in my garage, in a C5 chassis of course.

RallyJon,
Thats why I put the sources there, you can only compare #'s that have been harvested in a uniform, repeatable manner. I purposely left out the weights that I have collected from my various engine removals. The methodology was crude and certainly not repeatable. Aichle I am sure did not collect the data himself but is merely passing on what he was told.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)