View Single Post
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTL
is applicable to the 964 series 3.6 The PET indicates a spacer is used for all M64 N/A engines as well as the M30.69 (965 3.3L) and M64.50 (965 3.6L). The vertical spring installation is the same set of parts for all 964 engines. Same screw cap, seal ring, guide sleeve, spacer, pressure spring and piston. ALL the same, be it an engine with an oil filter console or w/out.
Hi Kevin, also a timely comment (for me) about the 964 series...when I was stripping the engine (964 M30/69 3.3) this time last year, I meticulously bagged and labelled everything, yet when I came to reassemble the pressure relief screws, there was no spacer (item#5) in the vertical assembly.

Either a previous owner has been buggering about with this (and curiously, the 3 piece rigid-flexi-rigid oil feed pipe that goes onto the crankcase looks to have also been tampered with....related perhaps?), or maybe the Porsche info isn't quite correct?

I've got a new spacer in the box of bits - kind of "on standby" - when I posted a Q a few months ago, the advice from Walt was to put it back to how it came apart, then see what the oil pressure is, re-install the spacer if necessary.

....now I'm typing this, I think I'm going to install the shim, then remove if necessary...

Cheers
S
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)