View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver77 View Post
Stellar! In and done! now off to have some oil hoses rebuilt and then I can start on the engine wiring harness that opened this can of worms! Thank you for the knowledge!
You may have the classic leak we all love that is not from around the crank seal but from the o-ring inside the case around the #1 crankshaft bearing.

I thought the crank seal was leaking and replaced it but this did not solve the problem for me.

If that's the case for you, there is a retrofit kit that you can install to dam up the or-ring leak, and this avoids cracking the engine block apart to replace that silly crank journal o-ring.

Good luck,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, full bay intercooler, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.95 bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)