View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
That's what this board is all about!
Yes I have a bunch of accumulated spare parts but little time to waste swapping them out at random. Figured we can all learn on this one as it WILL be solved. I've seen some truly goofy stuff so nothing is off the table.

Someone left me a message that they had a coil I could borrow. Thank you so much for the offer but I have a spare.

Yes I have a pressure gage in the engine bay that I check cold/warm/system pressure with. All are in spec. The system pressure is on the low side so I have adjusted the WUR to compensate until the new pump goes in.
I used another of these contraptions to help a buddy tune his 930 last weekend. We verified it didn't need a thing! I love this gage, it is sooooo easy to use compared to the long hose version. Sometime I'd like to make a bunch up and sell them to you guys cheap as I can, they really are a must-have for the CIS toolbox.

Are there any tests that can be ran on the electrical components? I don't think you can test a coil. How about the CD box? Plug wires you can test, what are the values I need to see?

Where can I get a new green wire? That is something I DON'T have in my parts bin.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #388 (permalink)