View Single Post

Was that with the new/different CDI box installed? It seems to be ignition. I had a second box I bought (used) and it was bad too. So I ended up with an MSD and it works great.
How's the "green" wire from the distributor (I hate to sound like a broke record....) contributing to the ignition problems when hot. I think the CDI box does some weird stuff when they go out, mind would run then start back firing then the car would die. it finally would not start but it would "hit" like it wanted to start.
I had some issues related to the fuel pump relays, they control power to the WUR. My WUR was not getting power so the car was running RICH. I hate to mention fuel, because you're probably one of the most knowledgeable on the Turbo CIS on the board, and you've probably ruled that all out ;o)
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #398 (permalink)