View Single Post

Garage
I was looking for a way to convert to EDI without having to piecemeal a conversion together on my own. I also do not live near a shop who could do this work for me.

I found Clewett Engineering offered a kit based upon the newer Electromotive TecGT ECU and after looking around, I settled on this path. I know there are other very capable shops which can perform top level conversions, so my choice in no way reflects upon any other options - it was just the best for me based upon my budget, my location, and my ability to perform most of the installation on my own.

The installation is straightforward and is without surprises. I do have an installation document posted on Richard Clewett's site in the support section if you want to review the steps I followed.

The most challenging steps in the installation for me were:
- determining which CIS wiring I could remove safely
- determining how to bypass the fuel pump circuitry in the stock configuration, so I could energize the pumps via the new ECU.
Having determined how to do these things, we can now pass along this info to future endeavors.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, TurboKraft IC, Tial WG, tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter/coupler, ...
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)