View Single Post

Garage
The car doesn't run right, the rpm surges back and forth. I did a lot of cleaning this past weekend, around the throttle, pull the J-boot off and cleaned it and the valve. I didn't take it off though but now the engine or the surging sounds a little better. I also notice a coolant leak on the ground today, I hope this haven't broken something else.

Anyway, the only way I can get the car to idle normally is cramp the inlet hose that goes into the ICV...why does this work, I don't understand? I even drove it down the road and back, almost no acceleration problem... When I got back home I remove the pliers from the ICV hose and I heard air, then when tightening the pliers the air stop. This is strange because this isn't a sucking sound, its more like air coming out or being released, like a hole in tire. I spray carb cleaner all over that car this past weekend and I couldn't find any leaks... the engine rpm never changed. What could that be, crack intake manifold? Maybe I need to take it off again...
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)