View Single Post

Garage
Mr Gordon,

I am in the market for a 930 or 964 turbo and have compiled a large spreadsheet of prices over the past 6 months (I'm pretty picky when it comes to my first Porsche!). My closest witness of similar pricing is this '87 that didn't sell on eBay:

Porsche : 911 911 Turbo in Porsche | eBay Motors

I talked to SW, the dealership owner. He will only take $40k for it. Your car is quite a bit better for a few reasons: He only has records from the past year. It has a defect in paint that needs ~$500 in repair (then it's still a repainted fender). That one has 50,000 miles on it. But, the biggest factor: he's a dealer and you're a PCA member that's owned it for 15 years. That alone is worth a few grand to me. So, when all added, I would start the car around $46k, but wouldn't take less than $45k. I wouldn't start much higher as you'd be getting into unmolested low-mileage car region (I saw an example at $47.5k on PCA, unmolested with 34,000 miles and it was perfect with all documentation, but it sold).

I'm colorblind, so your green steering wheel looks fine to me.
Matt

PS Your car is above my budget ($40k) for a 930, so I'm not trying to low-ball you. I can send you my spreadsheet if you prefer.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)