View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
Cool thing about having such an insane vette is that you should be able to resist the über-HP bug with the Porsche and just enjoy it for what it is. I've kept mine relatively stock, just bolt on mods, for the same reason. After liter class bikes, cars are slow. I even spent to improve the AC recently!
Enjoy.
That's the plan. One thing I've come to learn, modding is a slippery slope. This car, with its history, low mileage and sentimental value deserves to be kept original. It would be my dream to pass it along to my son (who is now 10 and is into cars as much as me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
+1 Another vote for Powertech. They've serviced my car for 15 years. I remember when it was just Mike and Keith... Great guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodave930 View Post
Powertech in Rockaway, NJ. They have done extensive work on my '86. Mike used to race a 600 hp 930. They are honest, fair and know 930's inside and out. Can't ask for more than that. PM me if you need more info.

Dave Martin
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'll be dropping off the car Friday. Started it up last night after god knows how long. Fired right up - love the sound of the car. Now we gotta get the '86 convertible (with approx. 18K original miles) in front of it running. Not much luck last night. That car is going to my sister. Here are a few pictures including one of the old man (said with the greatest respect ). Don't worry, what looks like some kind of liquid on the floor is NOT from the cars.

And a final picture of when it was last out (I think). Dad used to have the H1 - that truck saved his life in a head on accident with a drunk driver. Incredible machines.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas all
Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)