View Single Post

Garage
There's always something..

Well, I got her running, and a couple days later my "Brake pr ( ! )" light comes on. I looked in the owners manual and the closest thing I can find is the "Brake Press" (brake pressure) light so I assume they're the same. So I checked the brake fluid and its fine, brakes work as good as ever, so I disconnected the battery and the light goes away. 20 minutes ago it starts flashing at me again! So anyway, what else should i check?

I have read online that the sensors on the master cylinder are pretty common to go out. How do i determine if they're bad? I think they're like $30 each (and i think there's two), so thats not too bad, but I hate wasting money only to have the light come back on.

My dad mentioned that the Master cylinder could be giving it up, how do i determine this?

Or it could just be a 30 year old car that likes flashing all the lights it can, but I'd prefer to prevent a brake problem rather than have them go out on the highway.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
Anyone notice that the (major) problems seem to wait for other ones to be resolved before showing their heads, instead of piling up at once? Or is that just me? Advanced German engineering or coincidence?

Last edited by camo; 01-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: P.S.ing
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)