View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Sounds like you've covered almost everything. A few possibilities: First, I presume there are no other outward signs of running lean - other than the gauge reading 19.5. Could be the WUR is acting up (put the test gauge on, run the car until the problem shows up again and check the warm control pressure), could be your AFR setup is acting up and giving false readings (try calibrating it?), could be a voltage regulator issue (I say that because my voltage regulator is becoming problematic when the engine is hot, causing high voltage overcharging while at the same time causing my Innovate AFR to suddenly read low - the reverse of what you're seeing), could be your Lambda system is acting up (frequency valve not operating would cause a very lean condition).
Thanks for the reply Mark, as soon as the car starts acting up I lose all power. I could barely keep the car at 20mph in second trying to get off the freeway. Car idles very rough and at low rpms maybe 500? Same exact symptoms as when my
rear fuel pump failed. I was blowing fuses and the pump seemed basically locked up. I would pull the front pump relay out and car would die right away. 2 new FP relays, new fuses and new rear pump. Less than 500 miles happy miles on new parts.

Good idea on checking the voltage, I am going to try that tomorrow and swap in a known good black round relay in the back. I also plan to pull the green plug and shut the motor off to see if the bee hive is alive! Hopefully one of those will give me a clue.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)